I am so overwhelmed to receive these awards from Uma in spite of being a very recent entrant in the blogsphere.
As for passing on the award and tag, all my favourite bloggers have already been taken. And being quite new to this space, I don’t know many. So I should be excused here and I hope to widen my circle with time. Cheers J
There is a tag I need to do, but before that, a slight detour to tell you how I landed here. About 4 years back, I started a writing a blog titled ‘My Musings’ J. I wrote only one post and stopped there. Then a few months back, while ruminating in my mind over starting a new blog, I simply googled the title to see if the old one was still alive. The first result Google threw was a post from Uma’s blog titled ‘Not made for each other’ and it really caught my eye. And once I got to her blog, it kept me engrossed for quite some time. I wrote some comments and she wrote back during the course of which she kindled the spark and gave finality to my ruminations and I started writing again. So my first award comes from the same person who gave the final clinch to my landing in here! Thanks Uma J
Now for the tag. 7 random things about myself.
1. Am a voracious reader and when I pick up something to read, I read line by line, in detail, unless it’s badly written. I very rarely skim through anything.
2. I take great care while writing – be it a comment on a blog, an email at work or even a simple reminder for myself in my outlook calendar. I read, edit, re-read until am satisfied.
(But mistakes happen in spite of that L I feel very bad when errors like misspelt words or missing letters still manage to come in)
3. I squirm in my seat when people speak or write atrociously wrong English. It has the same effect on me as a chalk piece squeaking while writing on the black board.
4. I love eating out at restaurants. My favourite cuisine is Chinese (only the vegetarian food though). But I can’t live without curd rice J
5. I am a hopeless day dreamer and am often caught smiling to myself.
6. Mountains and water bodies get me transfixed. I feel that strange sense of peace descend upon myself when I watch them.
7. I looooooooooooveeee the rain!!! I can watch it for hours on end while it pours down.But loud thunders scare me L